I’d Appoint You President If I Had The Power, Makarfi Tells Wike

I’d Appoint You President If I Had The Power, Makarfi Tells Wike
Makarfi

Former governor of Kaduna, Ahmed Makarfi has stated that if he had the power, he would make Nyesom Wike, governor of Rivers, the president of Nigeria.

Makarfi stated that he would have done this because of Wike’s contributions to the “survival” of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) during its trying moments.

The former governor spoke on Monday when Wike visited Kaduna state for consultations concerning his presidential ambition.

Makarfi pointed out that many people contributed to the PDP in so many ways, “but there is no single individual who contributed as he (Wike) did for us to have the PDP that we have today”.

Also Read: If We Don’t Win 2023 Elections, Forget PDP For Life – Wike To Anambra Stakeholders

“When the court of appeal judgment came out against us, and we knew we were right, everybody was running away,” Makarfi said

“Then Wike called me and asked me: ‘Are you ready for this fight?’ I said yes. He said: ‘We are going to reclaim our party; what do you need? How do we go about it? And the rest is history’.

“If it is appointment, and I have the power to appoint, I would simply just appoint you and you will go home and rest. But it is democracy; it is convention; the delegates know those who have been with them and will continue to be within them; the party people know.

“And I am vigorously working for it. Of all the investments you have made, you are not sitting back at home to say because I did A,B,C, and D, this should come to me. Day and night, you are working for it. That shows commitment. That shows the real desire.”

The post I’d Appoint You President If I Had The Power, Makarfi Tells Wike appeared first on Information Nigeria.



from Information Nigeria https://ift.tt/qHABUWG
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inter Miami Officially Sign Argentina Forward, Messi Until 2025

Davido Celebrates Stonebwoy’s Wife, Dr Louisa For Delicious Meal She Served Him

Suspected Ritualists Kill 10-Year-Old Girl In Bauchi