‘Igbo Will Become Nigeria’s President After Me’ – Atiku

Atiku Abubakar, the Peoples Democratic Party’s (PDP) presidential candidate has stated that the Igbos can only succeed him as president once he has served his full term.

When elected, Atiku also promised to give development projects a priority in the Southeast and other regions, claiming that any initiative in any State is a benefit to Nigeria.

In an address to Southeast PDP members on Tuesday in Enugu, Atiku said: “I am the stepping stone for Igbos to become President of Nigeria”.

The PDP candidate, who maintained that he would win the 2023 presidential polls, said his great relationship with the Igbos would continue until they assume the presidency after his tenure.

He claimed that his love for the region triggered his decision to always pick an Igbo as his running mate.

He said, “I’ve had a close relationship with the Igbos and this influenced my choices of Senator Ben Obi and Mr. Peter Obi as my running mates in my two previous outings as a presidential candidate.

“Again, I have chosen another great Igbo here (Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa) for the third time as my running mate”.

The PDP candidate also revealed that he has “three Igbo children and I am saying this for the very first time in public. So, my relationship with Ndigbo did not start today”.

The post ‘Igbo Will Become Nigeria’s President After Me’ – Atiku appeared first on Information Nigeria.



from Information Nigeria https://ift.tt/Rd9iQXe
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inter Miami Officially Sign Argentina Forward, Messi Until 2025

Davido Celebrates Stonebwoy’s Wife, Dr Louisa For Delicious Meal She Served Him

Suspected Ritualists Kill 10-Year-Old Girl In Bauchi